The IT infrastructure which meets your needs today may be inadequate tomorrow. As you attract new customers, expand to new sites or alter your operations, products or services, so the requirements for your IT infrastructure evolve also.
Simultaneously, enterprise IT itself is ever-evolving, with new hardware and software becoming available and patches and upgrades to your existing technology being essential.
IT should not constrain a business – rather, it can unleash its full potential. Intelligently-designed IT infrastructures can facilitate business expansion, revenue and profit growth and operational efficiencies. IT strategy planning also enables long-term financial and resource planning. It may be used as a guide to work towards over a number of years, against which to base longer-term investment decisions. Alternatively, it may identify ways in which the current infrastructure is hampering growth and innovation.
Curve IT can assist you with developing a bespoke IT strategy driven by your overall business strategy. Our experienced consultants will assess your current IT capabilities and identify any gap between those and the capabilities your company will require in the longer-term. We have experience in devising IT strategies for a variety of purposes including post-merger integration, business start-ups, new market growth, cloud computing migration and physical office moves.
Our consultants will work through a number of stages to ensure an IT strategy which covers every element of your organisation:
- Strategy discussion:We undertake an initial consultation around your overall business strategy, identifying the business capabilities that will be needed over the time frame to support your business strategy and brand vision.
- Gap analysis: We assess the gap between your current capabilities and the level required to realise your business goals, and identify how technology can be used to address these.
- Architecture design: The design and architecture of your network underpins your IT support and it is important to recognise how it will develop as your business grows. Right-sizing the network will save downtime, resource and revenues in the longer term. We design networks that are future-proofed and fit for business, whether starting from scratch or redesigning an existing system.
- Roadmap: We develop a prioritised roadmap for building the target technology architecture, including a comprehensive budget and delivery schedule.
- Business cases: We also prepare and present business cases to your board members or for the purposes to securing external funding.
- Implementation: Once the IT strategy is agreed and approved and any necessary funding secured, we move to implementation phase. We design and install all network components, purchase and install hardware and software.
- Support and maintenance: We provide network maintenance plans to optimise the performance and life of your network. We also offer maintenance contracts including ongoing IT support.
Should your business strategies change direction or reprioritise, we review and update your IT strategy in line with these changes.