IT Project Management
We understand that it can be difficult to allocate the additional time and resource required to implement projects but we know how critical they can be to achieve your business goals. Projects often stall because of the demand to manage the day-to-day operation of a business.
Our team have extensive experience of managing IT projects from small-scale to those with significant capital expenditure. We methodically scope out IT projects to apply the optimum processes as well as our technical knowledge, skills and experience. We deliver projects on time and to budget and maintain a continuous dialogue with you throughout the project. Our team have the ability and agility to adapt plans and deployment where required. We always take a holistic view towards project management so we are adept at collaborating with other suppliers to ensure the project is delivered.
Small-scale projects include physical or virtual office moves, integrating new software, upgrading new hardware, designing and constructing a new network, data recovery and back-up solutions.
Large-scale projects include new IT infrastructure design and implementation, refreshing IT infrastructure, deploying high-speed reliable WiFi and wired connectivity throughout new and existing buildings.
Defining an IT Project
A project should have clear deliverables that will positively impact on your business in terms of output, outcomes or benefits. The expenditure should be meticulously calculated and the return on investment should be measurable.
We define a project as:
- It will produce something new or altered
- It has a final deliverable
- It has a finite timespan
- Likely to be complex in terms of work or groups involved
- It may feature new technologies
- It will require management of change
- May involve some risks
- Requires attention to detail and strong communication
IT Project Management Process
- Initial discussion around your business strategy
- Defining the reason why the IT project is necessary
- Capturing project requirements, specifying quality of the deliverables, estimating resources and timescales
- Preparing a business case with a variety of options to justify the investment
- Securing agreement and funding
- Developing and implementing a management plan for the IT project
- Leading and motivating the project delivery team
- Managing the risks, issues and changes on the project
- Monitoring progress against plan
- Managing the project budget
- Maintaining communications with stakeholders and the project organisation
- Purchasing, implementation, installation and training
- Closing the project when appropriate.
- Providing on-going IT support if required