IT projects can be highly complex, incorporating multiple different technologies, stakeholders and suppliers. Allocating the time and resource required to implement such projects can be difficult – and yet failing to do so can be enormously costly.
Curve IT has extensive experience of managing IT projects of all scopes and across multiple sectors. From methodically setting out a strategy to completing final evaluation and assessment, we can manage any and all stages of your IT project – on time and to budget.
Small-scale projects include physical or virtual office moves, integrating new software, upgrading new hardware, designing and constructing a new network, data recovery and back-up solutions.
Large-scale projects include new IT infrastructure design and implementation, refreshing IT infrastructure, deploying high-speed reliable WiFi and wired connectivity throughout new and existing buildings.
Our project management process involves any or all of the following, according to your precise needs and in-house resource:
- Initial discussion around your business strategy
- Defining the reason why the IT project is necessary
- Capturing project requirements, specifying quality of the deliverables, estimating resources and timescales
- Preparing a business case with a variety of options to justify the investment
- Securing agreement and funding
- Developing and implementing a management plan for the IT project
- Leading and motivating the project delivery team
- Managing the risks, issues and changes on the project
- Monitoring progress against plan
- Managing the project budget
- Maintaining communications with stakeholders and the project organisation
- Purchasing, implementation, installation and training
- Closing the project when appropriate
- Providing ongoing IT support if required