Need to rework your IT infrastructure for changing business needs? Or perhaps design an entirely new infrastructure from scratch?
Curve IT’s consultative approach, vast experience across different types of IT infrastructure, commercial acumen and technical expertise will ensure an infrastructure design that is precisely tailored to your needs – today and into the future.
Hardware, Software, Network & Services
What is IT infrastructure?
IT infrastructure refers to the combined hardware, software, network and services required for the operation and management of an IT environment. Depending on the size and nature of the business, the IT infrastructure can either sit within the organisation or be outsourced to an IT specialist.
Whether a proposed design is brand new or an upgrade to an existing infrastructure, it can involve considerable capital outlay. It is therefore critical that any IT infrastructure design is tightly aligned to business goals, and that multiple different options are evaluated, across four core areas:
- Hardware: servers, computers, data centres, switches, hubs and routers.
- Software: Operating system, drivers, utility software, productivity applications, company specific software and more.
- Network: Network enablement, internet connectivity and WiFi, firewall and security.
- Personnel: Network administrators, developers, designers and generic end users with access to any IT appliance or service.
An end-to-end process
Curve IT’s consultants work through a multi-stage process to design the optimal IT infrastructure for your unique context.
- Business goals and brand strategy: We gain an in-depth understanding of your business needs, objectives and plans for the future, to ensure that your proposed IT infrastructure will not only support your business, but actively enable it.
- Designing and modelling: We virtually model the IT network architecture to show you the optimum IT infrastructure.
- Technology recommendations: >We recommend the most appropriate IT hardware and software as well as designs for communications room, data cabling, voice and TV cabling, wired and wireless networking.
- Scans and schematics: We produce WiFi scans and schematics as well as mobile signal surveys to assess additional infrastructure required for employees, customers and any other key IT users.
- Project management: We provide truly end-to-end project management including looking after the leased-line tender process, budgeting, scheduling and coordination of project stakeholders.
- Supply and configuration: Our certified installation team supplies and configures the hardware and software, ensuring full compliance with all relevant regulations, and minimal interruption to your business processes.
- Ongoing support: Our technical team can also provide ongoing IT support and proactive monitoring of networks and hardware, according to your needs.
We can act as a consultant alongside your in-house IT expertise, or we can provide an entirely outsourced project.