Job: 2nd Line Support Technician
Curve IT are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Support Technician to work as part of a team on our busy helpdesk. You will be looking after a wide and varied client base, providing a professional support service.
Curve IT is a technology and communications company based in central Brighton. We deliver intelligent IT solutions including IT consultancy for construction projects and high-footfall venues; large-scale, robust and high-capability WiFi for indoor and outdoor events and venues; IT services and proactive IT support for business in Brighton and across the South East. Our portfolio of clients is extensive and diverse, from the world’s tallest moving observation tower, British Airways i360, to the developer of high-end private rental homes, Essential Living.
We are rapidly growing company with high aspirations and are looking for people that are enthusiastic and motivated, with a flexible approach and who enjoy achieving team goals.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing excellent customer service and 2nd Line support to clients
- Logging all service requests on MSP Manager Helpdesk and Ticketing Software.
- Fault finding and complete resolution of faults on all systems and associated hardware/software as required.
- Managing the lifecycle of incidents and requests, escalating them as appropriate and closing them when the customer is satisfied with the outcome
- Maintaining and supporting servers, network devices, desktops, laptops, telephony devices, printers and any other IT hardware and software
- Setting up new IT at client sites
- Supporting and developing Level 1 IT Technicians
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
Technical Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and Outlook
- Apple Mac knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 and Azure
- Excellent knowledge of networks and networking, DNS, VLANs, etc
- Experience with Group Policy
- Strong knowledge of scanners, printers and other business hardware
- Strong knowledge of business software applications including Office, AV, backup, etc
- Knowledge of WiFi technologies
- Excellent communication skills. Able to talk to customers in a user-friendly way.
- At least three years’ experience working in a business IT environment (references required)
- Confident, calm, methodical and professional
- Excellent communication skills. Able to talk to customers in a user-friendly way
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, able to priorities tasks. Punctual
- A passion for technology with the desire to expand your knowledge and learn new things
- Full clean driving licence
Job Location, Hours and Salary
- Our offices are in Brighton. Some limited travel to client sites around and beyond will be required.
- This is a full time position, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary range £24,000 – £28,000 dependent on experience.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your covering email, please advise us when you would be able to start.