Job: 2nd Line Support Technician
Are you an experienced technician with a passion for developing your knowledge and taking on new challenges? Come join the team at Curve IT!
This is a chance to make the move into a new and interesting 2nd line support role to work as part of a great team on our busy help desk. You will be looking after a wide and varied client base, providing a professional support service, implementing varying IT solutions as required.
We are a rapidly growing company with high aspirations and are looking for people that are enthusiastic and motivated, with a flexible approach who enjoy achieving team goals.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain and support servers, network devices, desktops, laptops, telephony devices, printers and other IT hardware and software.
- Set up new IT at client sites.
- Research and seek solutions to problems and documenting findings in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to helping manage the help desk ensuring tickets are handled quickly and to a high standard, with excellent customer service and communication.
- Completion of Projects as and when required in line with scope of works.
- Assist in managing client relationships and representing the company in a positive manner.
- Manage various cloud services as necessary.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server software
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 and Microsoft’s Cloud Offering; SharePoint, Teams, Yammer etc
- Excellent knowledge of networks and networking, DNS, VLANs, etc
- Experience with Group Policy
- Strong knowledge of scanners, printers and other business hardware
- Strong knowledge of business software applications including Office, AV, backup, etc
- Backup Technologies
- Nice to have or willing to learn: Azure | Apple Mac
- Confident, calm, methodical and professional
- Excellent communication skills. Able to talk to customers in a user-friendly way
- Punctual with excellent time management and organisational skills
- A passion for technology with the desire to expand your knowledge and learn new things
- Two years’ experience working in a business IT environment (references required)
- Clean driving licence required
Job Location, Hours and Salary
- Great location, close to Brighton Station. Some limited travel to client sites around and beyond will be required.
- This is a full time position.
- Salary range £26,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience.
How to apply
We’re a fun bunch to work with and passionate about what we do, so if you’re interested in progressing your career and joining the team, please apply today!
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com. In your covering email, please advise us when you would be able to start.